- Internet Connection
- To help the students gain understanding of the functions and responsibilities of managers.
- To provide them tools and techniques to be used in the performance of the managerial job.
- To help the students to develop cognizance of the importance of management principles.
- To enable them to gain appreciation for emerging ideas, techniques, procedures and practices in the field of management.
- To highlight the challenges that managers face in various organizations
The course presents a complete and systematic coverage of management practice & theory . It focuses on the basic roles, and skills of a manager, and functions of management, with special attention to managerial responsibility for effective and efficient achievement of goals. The objective is to help the students understand the fundamental concepts and principles of management. It is also intended to give an overview of the historical development, theoretical aspects, and practical application of the managerial process.
BOOKS AND REFERENCES
1. Weihrich Heinz and Koontz Harold – Management: A Global and Entrepreneurial Perspective (Mc Graw Hill, 12th Edition 2008)
2. Stoner, Freeman and Gilbert Jr – Management (Prentice Hall of India, Latest Edition)
3. Bateman, Management (SIE), Tata McGraw-Hill PublishingCompany, New Delhi.
4. Fraidoon Mazda, “ Engineering Management”, Addison Wesley,-2000.
5. Hillier Frederick S. and Hillier Mark S. – Introduction to Management Science: A Modeling and Case StudiesApproachwithSpreadsheets (Tata Mc Graw Hill, 2nd Edition 2008)
6. Massie, Joseph L., Essentials of Management, Pearson Education.
7. Tripathy PC and Reddy PN, “Principles of Management”, Tata McGraw-Hill, 1999.
- Lectures 142
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 1524
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes